Thursday, July 8, 2010

Audrey at the Beach

I did this painting in May - the week before I went to Karin Jurick's workshop in NYC. I wanted to do a figure painting before I attended the workshop because I didn't want to go in there cold without ever doing a figure.

Audrey is a really great kid - she's so guileless and sweet and I hope she can hold on to some of that through all the crap life throws at us all. 

I liked that I was able to lay the paint down so that each brush stroke meant something. I have a big issue with the perspective on her arm and I really want to fix it but I am afraid I will ruin the painting.

I hadn't posted it earlier because I plan to give it to my brother and sister-in-law as a gift and I didn't want them to see it. But they aren't blog readers so I realized that I'm safe.

Audrey at the Beach
6x6 Oil on Panel

4 comments:

  1. Love the new blog! Love this painting! Don't touch it!!! Do another one and if it comes out better then decide which one you keep, which one you give them. That's my 2 cents (after doing "one more thing" to way too many paintings.)

    Keep painting! and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also done "one more thing" and ruined many paintings that way! I like your suggestion - I will try doing another one.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg I love your paintings. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna- just got back from vacation with lots of inspiration. Went to Ogunquit (same beach that inspired this painting) so can't wait to start painting again.

    ReplyDelete