Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grey Pear

I painted this last week and I'm really pleased with it. I like the palette, more muted than I usually use. I didn't paint much this past week because I had a visit from my wonderful old friend Timmy. It was fun and relaxing - we spent 3.5 days catching up, laughing, watching movies, walking the dogs and then seeing my son's play.

It's really amazing how your oldest friends are your best friends, and how - no matter the mistakes, no matter the amount of time that passes - the love is always there.

Grey Pear
6x8 acrylic on panel

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, one person told me you should never use a color from the tube unless you have added at least two other colors. This brings out greys more.
    Keep up the good work and I am glad you were able to see Timmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was very very good to see him - it had been a long time.

    I rarely use color straight from the tube, usually I do it only for highlights, and with acrylics I can also layer a lot so I can get a lot of dimension in the color.

    ReplyDelete