Monday, January 3, 2011

Sorry Zack, More Fruit

Latest fruit still life. Working a little bigger these days - this is 8x10 and I have another 8x10 in the works. I took the week between Christmas and NY off (btw - Happy New Year!) and got 3 full days of painting in. Make that 3 full days in the studio  - procrastination ate up 1/3 of the time. On the last day I didn't start painting until about 3:30 and then lost complete track of time. Before I knew it, it was 9:30. I wish my "real" job was like that.

Apples in Light
8x10 Oil on Canvas

The title is an apology to my son who thinks fruit paintings are "boring". He may have something there.

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely not boring. Those apples are glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I showed your comments to my son and he said "Whatever, fruit is still boring" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Zack to sit still so you can paint him instead of fruit !! Otherwise you need something for practice. You are good at apples, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all boring. This has a lot of life to it.

    ReplyDelete